What is this poor thing?

If she gets ear muffs and a beard, she's like my Easter Eggers:) Black with a beautiful green sheen, she's just too young yet but believe me, the ugly duckling will be a beauty in no time...I'll get pics today, the sun is shining!!!

It is not an EE. If I had to guess from that pic, I would say OEG or an American game, like a Sid Taylor... Give a better pic, and I will be able to tell more. Need a side view, standing.

i wouldnt switch her out (but then i also wouldnt call her ugly!:thun) no they just need time to establish a pecking order, or hierarchy- and it will be constanly re-enforced once established, this doesnt mean that the others are constanly hurting her-just that she'll have to learn to mind her role and wait her turn to eat/drink/sunbath/come outside, or theyll let her know shes done wrong. hope that helps...but i still have no idia what she is-here's my log cabin- sid taylor game roosters for compaison (ps i dont include these in my 14 count-and theye were cropped and dubbed when i bought them)

Last edited:
We would need to see a photo of the bird standing, side view and front view, to really tell anything. Right now, the photo shows a young black pullet's head with a single comb. That could be so many different breeds that it is only guessing to say which one. I agree that it certainly is not an Asil as they look nothing like that. You can see from this picture of some blue wheatens that they have a very distinctive posture and type. It would not be easy to confuse them with another breed.

BlueWheatenAsilPr.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom