What is this rooster???

wildbill905

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
I posted a pic yesterday and got some good response's!

but everyone needed a close up pic so here they are, i hope we can nail it down now.

Either a super bad quality hatchery Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, or a mix of one with a production red bird.

Never heard of it. That does seem to fit the description better.

It's a byproduct of trying to breed Blue Laced Reds. Breeding blue to blue produces like 25% splashes like Andalusians. I would have to agree he could potentially be one, but I'm thrown by his straight comb (unless I'm seeing things wrong).

Never heard of it. That does seem to fit the description better.

It's a byproduct of trying to breed Blue Laced Reds. Breeding blue to blue produces like 25% splashes like Andalusians. I would have to agree he could potentially be one, but I'm thrown by his straight comb (unless I'm seeing things wrong).
Full view the second picture, he does have a rose comb. His little feathers are spiky and do appear to give the illusion of a single comb.

Full view the second picture, he does have a rose comb. His little feathers are spiky and do appear to give the illusion of a single comb.
Ah! Thanks, my sanity is restored then lol. That was driving me nuts.

Thanks everyone! he is still a pretty young rooster (around or under 6 months) but he is big for that age i think.

Back
Top Bottom