What is this rooster???

wildbill905

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
I posted a pic yesterday and got some good response's!

but everyone needed a close up pic so here they are, i hope we can nail it down now.

Pele

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Boise
Either a super bad quality hatchery Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, or a mix of one with a production red bird.

Pele

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Boise
Never heard of it. That does seem to fit the description better.

It's a byproduct of trying to breed Blue Laced Reds. Breeding blue to blue produces like 25% splashes like Andalusians. I would have to agree he could potentially be one, but I'm thrown by his straight comb (unless I'm seeing things wrong).

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
Never heard of it. That does seem to fit the description better.

It's a byproduct of trying to breed Blue Laced Reds. Breeding blue to blue produces like 25% splashes like Andalusians. I would have to agree he could potentially be one, but I'm thrown by his straight comb (unless I'm seeing things wrong).
Full view the second picture, he does have a rose comb. His little feathers are spiky and do appear to give the illusion of a single comb.

Pele

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Boise
Full view the second picture, he does have a rose comb. His little feathers are spiky and do appear to give the illusion of a single comb.
Ah! Thanks, my sanity is restored then lol. That was driving me nuts.

wildbill905

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 19, 2012
Thanks everyone! he is still a pretty young rooster (around or under 6 months) but he is big for that age i think.

Top Bottom