What is THIS thing?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TinkleTurkey, Jun 14, 2010.

1. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    I bought a large batch of chicks from someone, and this oddball was thrown in. Didnt think to ask what it was at the time.

Its coloring reminds me of a reeves pheasant, but not quite. Has a comb and sounds/acts like a chicken. Lives with my silkies and is very docile. Not sure how old.

[​IMG]

2. andrea98

andrea98 Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    head pic isnt very clear ..but it kinda looks like my american game bantam & a hen also ...just a guess tho.. good luck ( when i 1st saw it i thought of a roadrunner lol)

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Songster

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Can't tell for sure from the pic, but the legs look green. If they are then I'd say you have a little Easter Egger.

4. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    I have other better pictures but I'm getting errors trying to upload them to an online host. Any suggestions?

And yes, it has greenish legs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. Swampwood

Swampwood Songster

Apr 25, 2010
    Krotz Springs, LA
    I have it's twin..Ameraucana

6. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    Quote:You can upload through BYC, on the top bar, where there is a button you use to log in, there is one that says "Uploads" click it and a new page will open. Hit "browse" and select the photo then upload it. [​IMG]

as for the breed, I say Easter Egger.

7. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    Then it must be an Ameraucana! Amazing. I just noticed that s/he has a gray fluff growing in under the chin (yes, it watches TV with me late at night)

8. HBuehler

HBuehler Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    That is not an Ameraucana they don't come in those colors or patterns it would be an Easter Egger the cross mutt version of an Ameraucana-very common EE color unfortunately everyone seems to call these Ameraucana's making it confusing

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    EE Pullet.

10. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It is a EE..

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by