What is this world coming to?

sheila3935

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Stonington, illinois
Yesterday at work I had parents and 2 kids come in to but feed for their horses. As the parents shopped for the feed the kids started to terrorize the rabbits in the bin. I went over and told them to stop that you could scare them so bad that they could accidently kill themselves. The boy\\ age probably 12 went over to his mom and asked could he get a bunny so he could see it commit suicide. The mom started laughing and came over and asked me could that happen I said well yes in a way that they came be so scared that they would run blindly and could accidently do that. Then she said thats funny. I told her there was nothing funny about it and I wouldnt sell them a rabbit. She just walked away and the boy gave me a nasty look. Why in the world would a parent think that was funny and not say something to her son for wanting to do that to an innocent animal? I wonder what they do to their horses? The kid I worked with said youre not afraid of getting fired for saying that to a customer? NO if they want to fire me for trying to protect an animal so be it. I dont want that kind of job. Well guess she didnt say anything to management cause no one said anything to me. I just wonder why people are getting so insensitive? Scare the h*** out of me what kind of children people are raising.

Good for you! Pertty sad the mom thought it was funny instead of trying to make it a teachable moment.Glad you said you would refuse to sell them a rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom