what is this???

crazedguinea

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
se pa
what is this on the right??? looks like a rooster but does not crow, and what breed could it be a mix of???
19822_lil_roo_and_summer.jpg

i hope someone has an idea-HELP!!!
yeah i think the picture went through on my first try too?!!!!!

Wow, he's pretty! No idea what he is, but I love his colors. Definitely a he. See his long, streaming saddle and hackle feathers? Do you have another rooster who may be dominant? If this guy is not the dominant rooster, he may never crow.

Oh, never mind, I see the rooster next to him in the pic is crowing. Yep, he's just not the dominant guy.

thanks josanne, i think summer is pretty too. no lil' roo the oeg mix nest to summer is mr. crow all day and night and whenever it suits him, guess he's my dominant little chap. so summer won't crow since he's not dominant??? i still like to think of "him" as a hen because he's so peaceful, pretty, and mellow.

How many toes does he have? He reminds me of a Faverolle even though his body is lighter... there's something about him.... so maybe a Fav cross.

and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
there is a great article in Backyard Poultry's latest edition on crowing.

jossanne is correct...once a dominant rooster 'whoops' someone, the other roosters and cockerels may stop crowing.

NO CLUE...

But he is beautiful.

Find some hens like him and you could make a new variety of chicken!

BTW that comb on him is hillarious!

i think summer would be over 6 months of age by now, i got him as a "hen" in july hence the name. he only has 4 toes, feathered feet too. thanks to all for help on guessing summer's "heritage" too. i really find this website the best poultry forum on-line!!!

Back
Top Bottom