What is this?

"On mules we find two legs behind and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find what the two behind be for."

But I really like all long-eared equines. I used to have donkeys when we first moved here.
View attachment 1937894 View attachment 1937895

Ha! I never heard that poem before!

I have another friend that had a mule years ago and he got rid of it after it kicked two of their dogs dead... he said it dropped them instantly with a sharp kick to the head... the one right as he was calling it to get away

I assumed it was just hung from the trolley, but ( and I seldom ever tell women this cause it goes to their head). You could be right. ..

I wish I could see it better..

I was thinking the same thing, that it was just hanging there for convenience... but it does look like it could be the grapple now that Shaw points it out

I don't think so.
I think it's a hay spike thingy. J has one just like it.

This one is apparently destined to become a light fixture, maybe you need to do that with J’s

Well that probably almost 20 years ago, so I’m guessing those dogs would have moved on by now anyway... if that makes it less sad ;)

This one is apparently destined to become a light fixture, maybe you need to do that with J’s

Well that probably almost 20 years ago, so I’m guessing those dogs would have moved on by now anyway... if that makes it less sad ;)

Not to her she liked really old things...

I know I took a picture of that thing for this thread at some point. . but I can't find it.
Nor do I know where we put the thing so I can go take a picture of it again.
I would go out and look for it but that would require the putting on of additional clothing layers I am too lazy to get up and put on to go outside on my day off.

Back
Top Bottom