What is this?

Is it like used for smashing things?
Idk:idunnolol

Kind of the opposite... in that it prevented things from getting smashed... particularly when those thing were fingers ;)

They basically kept the windows from slipping and slamming down... which would break the glass... and any little fingers that might have been in the way.

My grandmother was always worried about little kids getting their fingers or heads smashed by falling windows... and other things that seemed unlikely to me... it makes me wonder what horrible accidents she saw happen when she was growing up, before things were made safer.

AE8170EC-6F0A-40AF-80BC-650AA8276D2D.png

Kind of the opposite... in that it prevented things from getting smashed... particularly when those thing were fingers ;)

They basically kept the windows from slipping and slamming down... which would break the glass... and any little fingers that might have been in the way.

My grandmother was always worried about little kids getting their fingers or heads smashed by falling windows... and other things that seemed unlikely to me... it makes me wonder what horrible accidents she saw happen when she was growing up, before things were made safer.

View attachment 1769403
Well I'm here to tell ya .. Big old windows hurt like Hades when the weights give out and the window falls on your wrists while trying to open the storm window. I thought both wrists were broken. It would definitely have killed a small child.

View attachment 1769403
oh lol! That's cool! I would have never guessed....

Back
Top Bottom