What is this??

Was this for direct application to their legs?
Yes has a sponge applicator attached to the top (kinda like pvc glue) apply, put bird on a clean surface for an hours or so as this is oily and dirt will stick to to the legs real easy.

Yes. I used the gasoline we had for the lawn tractor.
Try this link (I screwed up the first time).
https://the-chicken-chick.com/scaly-leg-mites-in-chickens/
https://the-chicken-chick.com/scaly-leg-mites-in-chickens/
VERY interesting read. I also feel odd about soaking my chickens in gasoline, but the article makes a great case for it. Did you only do the 3 day routine and have it work?? Nothing else was needed?? How bad was the infestation and has it healed up?

Her legs looked as bad as any of the pics I've seen. The only thing I did additionally was to gently rub off the scales on Day 2 & 3 since they'd already loosened up by then and easily sloughed off. Her legs have looked fine ever since, none of the others got them and I didn't clean the coop/bedding either.

I sure didn't want to spend 21 days putting vaseline on her hairy legs. Not only would it have been a real hassle doing it but everything around would have stuck to her.

Her legs looked as bad as any of the pics I've seen. The only thing I did additionally was to gently rub off the scales on Day 2 & 3 since they'd already loosened up by then and easily sloughed off. Her legs have looked fine ever since, none of the others got them and I didn't clean the coop/bedding either.

I sure didn't want to spend 21 days putting vaseline on her hairy legs. Not only would it have been a real hassle doing it but everything around would have stuck to her.
Yes, 4 of the 5 I am currently Vasolining are Faverolles, so the gas idea I may persue!

Did you do an egg withdrawl time???

Back
Top Bottom