1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Buckaroo, May 6, 2009.

1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Run across these chickens on craigs list, claiming they are Key West. I emailed to see about them. She said they showed up in her yard, and found pics, and thinks this is what they are. I don't think so, what do you think??

Here is the link to craigs list add.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/grd/1157414202.html

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    I am by no means an expert, but, i googled it and they look exactly like Welsummers to me. [​IMG] Beautiful birds, would love to have some myself!

3. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    On the Key's they have wild-game-type chickens that just roam the islands. They are just that. They dont have a breed really that I know of, but Im sure someone out there can tell you something more about them. If you notice in the post on Craig's List, they call them Gypsy chickens---never stay in one place long. They are just free-rangers of the Keys. But I would, with most certainty, say they are not Welsummers.

4. citrusdreams

citrusdreams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    I'm hardly an expert myself, but I've ordered golden phoenix a few times, and each time they look like those. It's possible that someone made a mistake in sending them,but they were acquired two different orders:

This is one of mine, and I've had four and they all look alike.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by