What is this?

ekemily

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Fairhope, AL
I ordered 40 chicks and had a free exotic chick thrown in the mix. I think this is my exotic chick. The closest thing he/she resembles (to me) is an Araucana, but he looks nothing like my other Araucana chicks. It has blue/grey legs. I realize it will be easier to figure out what it is when it has fully feathered, but I'm having a hard time waiting to try and figure it out! Any help is appreciated.
-Emily
50621_img_1275.jpg

Okay since you mentioned the word "Araucana" I'm assuming you got it from Murray McMurray, and with that said - It is either a Golden Campine or an Easter Egger. Hatcheries don't sell Araucanas, and Araucanas do not look like that, regardless of what hatcheries will tell you.
wink.png

Thanks. After looking at different pics on the web, it looks like you guys are probably right about the golden campine. I did, indeed order from mcmurray. I thought it was odd that they called the chicks I ordered Araucanas because, to me, they look like Ameraucanas.... thanks for pointing that out Illia. Thanks for your help... now only time will tell if you guys are right.

Back
Top Bottom