What is this!!!

Adolfo Sanchez

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 30, 2013
Pensacola, Florida

This Early Summer, me and my girl got these Chickens, three of them are Ameraucanas the other two, I don't know what they are but one of them is have the size than the Ameraucanas, the other one is even smaller! Poor things are the ugliest things I've ever seen, I'm just curious as to what they are. Any One?

Appear to be Cornish. If they are small, they are bantam Cornish. As for your Ameraucanas, they are actually Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers are often mistakenly called "Americanas" or "Araucana/Ameraucanas" by hatcheries. Generally, if you don't get Ameraucanas from a breeder, they are Easter Eggers. True Ameraucanas only come in about six different color patterns, have certain characteristics, and lay blue eggs.

Appear to be Cornish. If they are small, they are bantam Cornish. As for your Ameraucanas, they are actually Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers are often mistakenly called "Americanas" or "Araucana/Ameraucanas" by hatcheries. Generally, if you don't get Ameraucanas from a breeder, they are Easter Eggers. True Ameraucanas only come in about six different color patterns, have certain characteristics, and lay blue eggs.
They come in 8 accepted varities:) (and some people are woking on some color projects)

Back
Top Bottom