What Is Too Much Money For A Chick?

In my opinion $11.50 is a reasonable price for a chick, especially since sapphire chickens are hard to find (possibly just my area that they’re hard to find). For more common breeds I wouldn’t pay more then $5-10 a chick for. I don’t think it was a bad decision, how could you say no to the incredibly cute eyes of a chick.
I totally agree I had never seen Sapphire Olive eggers until this year that is why I didn't know. Glad I got one. I heard they got more in so I ran up there. Already gone again, Someone bought them all!!!:oops:

I found a place kinda near here that sells chicks for $2 and silkie chicks for $5. The regular chicks are the result of nature just kinda happening and the chickens I got aren't really a specific breed. He could tell me the color of the egg they came out of, but that's about it. I guess it really comes down to how specific you want things with your chickens, where more specific is more costly. I wanted some decent layers and a variety of colors and builds, so I got exactly what I wanted really cheaply.

That being said, $11.50 does sound a bit high, but it depends on what your purposes are. If you are wanting to fill out a full flock of these, that's going to get expensive fast and I'd probably go a different direction with this. But adding one or two to get a little variety in your yard doesn't sound too rough on the budget.

Heck (long story and all that, dont do what i did and research your hatchery before you order)

I paid 89 bucks a chick for 4 of them bwcause theu were a breed i really wanted and was struggling to find.

And then another breed i bought at 17 dollars a chick.

Both st run because thats what was offered

Back
Top Bottom