What is toxic to chickens?

Garlic is stated on many sites as a natural way to prevent worms in Chickens....why is it listed here...this is the first and only time I have heard Garlic is toxic to them....anyone have confirmation what is the REAL DEAL?

Garlic is stated on many sites as a natural way to prevent worms in Chickens....why is it listed here...this is the first and only time I have heard Garlic is toxic to them....anyone have confirmation what is the REAL DEAL?
Garlic, onions, shallots, leeks, and chives are in the Allium family.
Members of the Allium family are said to cause Hemolytic Anemia in some animals including Dogs, Cats and some birds.

Onions are fine but they make the eggs taste funny, I've heard that garlic is good for chickens, I feed it to them when theyre sick
1f60a.png

Also meat is not good for them it can give them gape which is a worm infection

Check your information.
The number one (1) cause of Gape Worm (Syngamus trachea) is birds eating earth worms.
Although earth worms are the main cause of gape worm other hosts are grass hoppers, snails, slugs and beetles.

Feeding meat to poultry if fine and a fare amount of meat should make up there diet since chickens are Omnivores.

Also meat is not good for them it can give them gape which is a worm infection

Gapeworm eggs are found in earthworms etc.  They cannot get gapeworm from eating meat.​

Check your information.
The number one (1) cause of Gape Worm (Syngamus trachea) is birds eating earth worms.
Although earth worms are the main cause of gape worm other hosts are grass hoppers, snails, slugs and beetles.

Feeding meat to poultry if fine and a fare amount of meat should make up there diet since chickens are Omnivores. 

Wait mine sometimes free range or i dig up stuff and they like to eat the bugs (some more than others, most don't seem to have any interest but find plenty else to eat) and as chicks i gave them a lot of worms.. does this mean they're gonna die or get gapeworms now??? Do i need to do anything? They seem fine

Back
Top Bottom