What is up with her?!

maralynn28

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Corpus Christi, TX
HI again everyone! Haven't been on a while, been uber busy with school, kids in the summer, and of course the duckies. They are doing GREAT and the only way I could be happier is if it were a bit more quiet.
big_smile.png

I have 1 loud duck in general...all the others are quiet. It's my Cayuga too! The WH hardly make a peep, but the one Cayuga who has made herself 'head duck' is very noisy. She quacks a good portion of the day (not so bad, what I would expect to be normal) but every once in a while she quacks LOUD like she's under attack! I run outside to see what the problem is and there is nothing wrong! Food, water, clean pool, no animals bothering them...why is she being so noisy! I could never do it of course, but I tease the kids that she's going to end up in the roasting pan if I can't find a way to quiet her down, she's got to be bothering the neighbors.
So please help me save my ducky from the roasting pan, does anyone have any suggestions why she's loud or what I can do to quiet her? DH has taken to spritzing water on her when she gets loud, but I think she might even like that. lol. Our ducky 'honeymoon' may be coming to a close if I can't solve this, I think neighbors are on the verge of confronting me.
hmm.png

Some of my ducks do the same thing. One of the Appleyards and one Pekin in particular. They do it just to do it a lot of the time, but they are also the alarm system for the other ducks that I'm coming out with the treat bucket.
lol.png
I don't have any neighbors so for me it isn't an issue. I really don't know how to get a duck to quit quacking.
hmm.png
Good luck!

I think she just knows she has me trained that if she's loud I will come out and make sure everything is good and give them treats while I'm at it, so she likes to make me a nervous wreck in order to get her peas.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom