What is w/ people??? (VENT)

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
I put an ad up on craigslist for chicks I will have for sale at the end of this month beginning of March. This person has been on my waiting list and I emailed her today to confirm she was still interested. She came back and said she didn't want straight run chicks. Just wanted egg laying birds. Do people not read ads. In my ad I specifically stated that all chicks would be straightrun and explained that I would not guarantee they would be getting all females or males.

I did email this person back and told her if she wanted all females I would guarantee her that but the price would go up for all females. Is this fair of me to do?

Kim

I would have left it at a straight, sorry I can't guarantee the sex of chicks, that is why I put straight run only in the ad .

Julie
big_smile.png

dont even bother working with her. She sjould have read what you wrote. i really dislike those kind of people. you should have said sorry. straight run only.

Or you could tell her thats the way it is, and put a new ad on CL and find new buyers. Dont let her tell you how it will be. I think you will probably have people happy to come pick out their own chicks. You can advertise for people to choose their own chicks. You could tell her that is how you are offering them.
idunno.gif

My ad did say straight run. However it did not say straight run only. I explained what straight run is b/c I figure a lot of people reponding to the ad, don't know what straight run means unless they are in the business, or know something about chickens. This is what my ad said (see below). Do you guys see anything wrong w/ this ad?

In mid March I will have some Ameraucana chicks for sale. If your wanting some chickens and this breed lays the blue egg then contact me. I will only have a limited amounts available. Contact me to get on the list (first come/first serve). Please let me know how many you want. If you want more than 4 chicks I will give a small discount. You pick up or can deliver w/in 45 minutes of Morgan Hill area. Chicks will be straight run. In otherwords they have not been sexed so cannot guarantee if you will be getting males or females.

Quote:
That's what I figured. I just needed to vent so I hope you guys don't mind. At least I have 2 other people wanting chicks. One wanted 20 and he put a deposit down for them. And I had another person want 14. So can't say that's to bad.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom