What is with texting????

I text, unlimited texting at that. But I dont text while driving, or talking to someone else, or at work or any other rude time. I find it easier to text someone a question than to call and end up on the phone with them for 20 minutes.

Oh yeah! I remember the times before I got my cell phone in I think 8th grade? I'd wait outside in cold wet weather for pick up at specified time in the dark, but with Seattle traffic, that 25-45 min commute could be 1.5+ hours. No way for a ride to say there was an accident and to go back inside to wait, or even to say, we're here early, you can come to the car now in x spot so they don't have to wait 20 more min for the designated time. I always made fun of my parent's old nokia brick phone. LOL

i dont text at all. i typed "hi" once.
gig.gif

lol.png

I should add, I made fun of my parents for their birck... because they kept that brick for seriously 8 years! NOBODY used them for the last 3 years they had that brick, and the only reason they got rid of it was because the analog network was going to be shut down. LOL

What is even funnier, some versions of my old car had built in cell phones, that you see on car boards numerous threads about how to remove the ugly "new technology" of the early 90's. LOL

I text quite often, but not usually when I'm talking to someone.
hu.gif
If I'm talking with someone and I get a text message alert, I'll just look at it later. Usually I get them/send them to people when I'm not doing anything, like if I'm at lunch in school or something (they allow us to use phones), I'll just whip out my phone for a few minutes and say hey to my friends. That's about it.
smile.png

Quote:
I can send an get texts all day but have to go outside to get a call.

Texting does save time by the way. Especially when talking to a phone happy person.

Oh. I could understand if you have to go outside, I guess. Even if I had texting option on my phone (without spending $$$$$), I still can't hardly see what I'm doing w/out putting on my "cheaters", so that takes even more time (I have to find the darn things first!)
roll.png

After so many years of carrying around my cell phone I said goodbye and flipped it into a desk drawer
frow.gif
I now carry around quarters in case there's an emergency just like in the old days. Course I don't drive after dark in case I get stuck on a dark country road!
hide.gif

If someone prefers to text while supposedly having a conversation with me, I just walk away. If they say anything I just tell them I would be glad to talk to them when they are not so busy. If I am on the phone and get put on hold because of call waiting I hang up. Either they will call back or they won't. Either way is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom