What is with this girl!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stormylady, May 25, 2011.

1. Dornes

Dornes Chirping

May 23, 2011
    South Western WI
    Awe how sweet is that?! I am hoping that by the sounds of all ya'll stories my chicks will turn out to be just like that. Friendly and love me as much as this one sounds like it does [​IMG]

2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Songster

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    One of my EEs, Betty, was just like this when she was a chick. Now, at almost a year old, she's still my best girl. She insists on jumping up on my shoulder while I clean the poop board every day. If she can't find a good spot on the roost in the evening, she'll jump onto my shoulder until one opens up. One of the chicks I just hatched last Friday is looking like she may be the same way. Yes, it can be frustrating now, but you grow to appreciate the affection as they get older and you spend less time with them. You're her mama and she loves you!

3. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I can't speak for all breeds but the SS sussex is in a class of their own in my book! But everybody has different feeling for different breeds and stories about particular babies and Im sure your little babies will be just as sweet as ours are. What breeds are you planning to get or which do you have right now, I think Brahmas tend to be like little puppy dogs too, that imprint on people alot too!

4. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Awe I hope your new babie is a little sweetie too!! I love hearing stories about other peoples babies! Uno my only other SS girl is 3 yrs old and the reason I just had to have more ! I thought Uno was just unique but hearing all the other stories about SS in particular, I'm sure alot of it is the breed itself. But there are alot of really good friendly breeds out there.

5. ginger c.

ginger c. Songster

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    that's too awesome! [​IMG]

6. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

I've got a Blue Ameraucana cockerel, now 5 weeks old, just like your pullet. He is in with 22 other agemates in a grow out pen but when I show up he is on me like a flash. Spends most of his time riding around on my head or shoulder and if I sit down, sleeping in my lap. (He's the little guy in my avatar.) When they were in clear brooders, he would scream his head off as I walked away. Nearly broke my heart a couple of times!! I also have a very friendly Black Ameraucana pullet but "Leo" takes the prize for being the most clingy.

7. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    It just amazes me that they have so many little chick friends and yet they choose US!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: