What is wrong with eye/skin?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by azahn, Mar 15, 2017.

1. azahn

azahn Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    This is a month old Faverolle. She is the only one with a bald area around her left eye and a bald area on top of left wing. When she arrived as a a day old, I thought she had watery eye. Eye seems good, but this skin condition is weird, and none of my other chicks (20) display these symptoms. If it were mites, I would think more chicks would be affected and not localized on just the eye/wing. Thoughts? [​IMG]

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    I have no idea about the wing other than maybe it could be a burn? I had a chantecler last year who had bare pink shoulders for a while (I thought he got burnt from a heating pad but it was inconclusive) and he turned out to be a rooster, it could be just that he was feathering slowly?

The eyebrow thing, I had a banty cochin who had something similar to that because he got pecked (kinda like a scar) but when he feathered out into the handsome cockerel he is its completely invisible :)

I hope its something similar to my cases and that they'll completely go away as they age <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by