What is wrong with him??

Is he eating/drinking normally, active if you put him outside?
IF he's not in distress, getting picked on, can eat/drink on his own, is active (not lethargic) - then I would put him back with the others and see how it goes. He may have a bit of food lodged or something. Give him a bit of time to see if that corrects itself.
Unfortunately he can't go back outside yet. I didn't show it in the video but he's currently being treated for a small cut on his left leg. It's small but like the worrier I am, I don't want the hens/pullets to pick at it.

Don't feel stupid, you were worried and trying to help him if he was sick. That's not a thing to feel stupid about. Glad he found his voice.
One problem though, he'll have to wear a no crow collar. I know other people will probably bash me for that but we know how to put it on correctly and have used it before on our past 2 cockerels(Lost them to the hens)
I'm hoping he'll at least do his breeding job perfectly even if he can't use his voice. I need to get some chicks out of the flock before we're forced to get rid of him.

Glad he’s ok. What do you mean you lost them to the hens? Did the hens kill the roosters? If so, they might kill this one. Are the hens standard size? How much space do they have and what do you feed them? Has this little guy established himself in the flock yet?

Glad he’s ok. What do you mean you lost them to the hens? Did the hens kill the roosters? If so, they might kill this one. Are the hens standard size? How much space do they have and what do you feed them? Has this little guy established himself in the flock yet?
There are only 3 of the hens left that had been around the previous cockerels. They actually respect him. The rest of the hens/pullets are newer so they don't know how to act around him and treat him how a normal flock would. At the same time he first crowed, I saw him starting to strut around the girls so it shouldn't be long before he starts showing them he's in charge and that they must do what he wants.

Back
Top Bottom