what is wrong? with my banty rooster...can't stand...no obvious anythi

newbiechickenowner

Songster
10 Years
Oct 28, 2009
Georgia, VT
Ok...the boys go out to the poultry houses and the banty Mille Fleur rooster is laying on the bottom of the banty house floor. Can't stand and laying to one side with his head up. There is no obvious trauma, they can't get out of their run so he realy couldn't get into anything...he was fine yesterday...He had build up of poo STINKY today and then had some yellow diaarrhea shoot out...basically liquid. I have him on my lap in a towel. I gave him a bit of sugar water with a syringe and he takes it, but, eventually you hear the "death rattle" for awhile after. It is the strangest thing....don't know what to do or if there is anything that I can do...

apparently the update is that he might have been walking a bit sideways or "funny" last night. I have given some sugar water and he did talk finally, but, is laboring breathing and the diarrhea/water at this point just shoots out his bum.

I'm sorry and surprised that no one has answered your question! Questions usually get answered pretty quick on this forum! I don't have an answer for you but hope your little roo survived. I am searching for answers of my own today for one of my hens.

Back
Top Bottom