What is wrong with my EE???

Silkiesaz

🐓 Silkie Queen 🐓
8 Years
Mar 18, 2016
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
My EE hen has been under the weather for a few months. A while ago I asked these same questions and didn't get any answers. I have no vet nearby who takes poultry. Cuddles, (My EE,) has been sneezing and has a poopy butt. She prefers to sit in the corner of her coop but will come out occasionally. She has started having some wheeze rapsy noises while she is breathing. She just seems to be acting like a person with a cold but it is lasting much longer. What can I do?

That's the problem. You need to treat her and coop mates and empty and scrub out entire coop. Lice and mites
Do you know where I can get treatment? Can ducks be affected? She is in a coop with two ducks a silkie and a rabbit. Sorry I have so many questions. I have never really dealt with lice or mites.

You need to treat the respiratory symptoms with Tylan 50. Call Tractor Supply and see if any stores near you have it or order it here. https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30E07BC1-7B6A-11D5-A192-00B0D0204AE5

Treat the bird bugs with permethrin poultry dusting powder. Pick several off the bird and examine under a magnifying lens. If you don't have one, they're cheap where they sell stationary. If the bugs have six legs they are lice and not a huge problem. if there are eight legs they are mites and harder to treat, and you need to treat the coop, too. Lice live on the chicken so the coop won't need treating.

Back
Top Bottom