What is wrong with my hen?

The Lugo Family

Hatching
Oct 19, 2016
East Orlando
Hello! I am so concerned for my chickens. They have been getting sick, sneezing, sleeping too much and I don't know what else to do. I have given them antibiotic Tetracycline for 7 days. Waited a few weeks as they were looking better, but sick again. Read of deworming them. I have given them Wazine three times already, with the 3 day break and same thing. Daily I give them basil, oregano. Their coops are cleaned daily.

Any suggestions on what else I should do to help them?

I took a video, but it won't let me attach. :(

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

redsoxs has given you a good link to use, hope someone there can help you out.

Thanks for joining us!

Need to know what symptoms they are having.

Sneezing, sleeping a lot during the day and sounds like loud snoring. Maybe as if she's having a hard time breathing? Neck goes up and down and eyes shut when sleeping. They are all (4 hens), eating and drinking plenty of water.

Last edited:
Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Is it a respritory infection? Mint can help with that. Give them some crushed garlic and or ginger. Good luck with them and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Is it a respritory infection? Mint can help with that. Give them some crushed garlic and or ginger. Good luck with them and I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

Thank you so much! I will try that. Do you know how long it may take for this remedy to work?

Back
Top Bottom