WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY HENS, TWO PROBLEMS!

MrShax

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 11, 2014
United Kingdom
My Coop
My Coop
OK firstly...................................I have 10 chickens in my flock and one cockerel, recently one of my hens started coughing or sneezing looks like both i suppose, then my little hen has started doing the same so there's now two of them, what could this be?

Secondly............Also the little one is a rare vorwerk chicken which keeps hiding away under the pallets or where ever she finds a place away from the rest of the hens or even worse doesnt come out of the coop and if i get it out it just runs straight back in,, soon as she comes out the rooster is on her every time, he just wont leave her alone i think this is why she hides away and doesnt come out, how do i fix this problem because i want her to feel comfortable with all of them and free range in the yard, every time i look at her she seems scared and worried and it makes me feel horrible and upset, please help.

Thanks

MrShax

Sounds like your vorwerk is hiding from your rooster. How old are these birds? You could always get rid of the rooster, as you only need him to make chicks. The hens will still lay eggs without him.

Am not too sure how old she is, she's still little in size for a vorwerk, and I don't want to get rid of the rooster I need him to make chicks.

I will upload a video to show what she is doing, so someone out there can see and kindly give me some tips on what to do to fix this problem, i feel so helpless!!!!

OK so this is my video i uploaded on my youtube please someone help me.
0.jpg

I would start by checking her crop in the evening, then withhold food until you check it in the morning, and see if it's diminished. That's where I would begin, anyway. It *could* be a lot of things, but I would start checking for signs of impacted crop or sour crop.

Thank you @BantamLover21 i have done this now.

Also thank you to all the rest for replying and giving you're responses i appreciate it alot.

Back
Top Bottom