What is wrong with people??!!

wischickenlover

Songster
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Ladysmith, WI
I received a call last night from the mom of DS's friend. She was driving down a lone country road and slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting a tiny black kitten that was in the road. She got out to see if it was OK, then out from the brush came two more little tiger-stripe kittens. Some scumbag had dumped these poor kittens in the middle of nowhere-there were only open fields, no farms, or homes within miles. It's northern Wisconsin and very cold at night, not to mention all the predators, especially coyote packs on the run now. While she was on her cellphone with me, she said the kittens were so happy to be in a warm car, and they were so friendly and were purring and purring. One curled up around her neck as she drove. She called us, because she knows we have taken in wayward animals before, and said she didnt know what to do because she is a renter and couldnt have any more animals. She couldnt leave them, and our animal shelter is full to capacity. (they also euthanize the extras). Well, I called DH and told him-mind you, he is Ok with cats, but doesn't exactly love them.I gave him the line, "just til we can find them homes."
(We have 2 already-both rescues-and great!) Well, we readily agreed to help and to our house they came. These kitties are the sweetest, most loving little things! They love people(so obviously HAD a home), and they are siblings-and very close-they all sleep together, play, etc. They surely would have froze to death or been eaten by predators in an open field, or been hit by a car. They wouldnt have had a chance-even if they had been dumped near a farm, they might have a chance. But some idiot dumped them in the middle of nowhere-GRRRRRR-it makes me SOOOOO mad!!! They were hungry and cold, but still purring. Amazing. I will not separate them-they are so obviously siblings and attached to one another. I have two females-the all-black one and a tiger-stripe, and a male tiger-stripe. (I think!) I am in northern Wisconsin. If by some chance there is a member here reasonably close who would like to adopt some truly great kitties, and can provide a good, loving home for them, please contact me. My daughter and I are already getting too attached! Anyways, I just had to vent-people are so cruel and unbelieveable!
My e-mail addy is: [email protected] if you would like to contact me directly.
Thanks!

Tiffany

*They all seem to be in really good health!

Last edited:
Things like that make me lose faith in the human race! I try and try to stay positive about my fellow humans, but when they hurt animals, children, the eldery and the environment, I get po'd!!

Good karma to you for your kind deed!!

Yes,,it also makes me lose faith in the human race but then someone like you comes along and rescues and loves them and I then know that there are still good compassionate people.
Thanks for taking them in and I hope you find a home for them.
Some people are so cruel with no thought or care to dumping or hurting anything. They most likely would have never made it through the night. If you have an active craigslist in your area maybe you can try that or put a sign up in your feedstore.
Thanks for helping the poor things.

I hope that was all of them and there wasn't a baby left behind.

I remember on the news about a judge somewhere up north who punished people depending on what there crime was. A woman had dumped kittens in the woods so the judge ordered her to spend the night out in the woods with no food, water, or shelter. I think she got off easy.

Shame on people the way they treat animals. You can believe me when I say that if I ever see someone being cruel to any animal I'll probably be in jail for a night for kicking their a$$. I know it sounds like I'm getting a little out of hand but the way people treat animals is getting out of hand!

Good for you for taking those babies in and good for your friend that picked them up.

That really is sad. I hope you find a good home for them.

Are there any vets in your area that offer free spay/neuter service? That way whomever you give them to would be assured of not adding to the unwanted pet population when those kitties get older. That might be why these got dumped in the first place.

Some people are so heartless. I hope someone dumps THEM in the woods somewhere....

I like that punishment Southern...
I'm so glad that your friend found them.
People suck alot of the time.
We got a Bearded Dragon in at the store. They brought him and his tank in, left him on the counter and took off. He was one of the best lizards I've ever known. Some jerk broke into his cage and swiped Big Bopper.
hit.gif

It truly breaks my heart to see these sort of things come from people. It scares me that there are people out there...this cold! This brutal! What a waste of humanity and they are taking up MY air dammit!

Ugh!

Kudos to you for taking them on and I do hope you find a home for them. If I lived in Wisc I'd take one. I already have two and they are both rescues. I know how much they can love you back...and the fact that they are rescues makes them that much more special.

You, your family are their guardian angels! I just wish we had more people like you running around. Would be a MUCH better world, I think!

~c:->

I like that judges way of thinking.
clap.gif

I'm so glad you picked them up Tiffany! When I was still living at home, my sister brought home 2 kittens they had found in a parking lot. They couldn't catch the 3rd one, but the other 2 were the sweetest cats. My parents always said no to more animals (they live in a cramped subdivision) but they never made us turn away an unwanted animal!

This summer when we were coming back from a friends place that lives way out in the boonies we saw a little kitten on the road. We had a van full of critters but stopped to look for it. We saw it run and we saw another kitten too. We had some leftover hamburger in the front seat so we used it to bribe them out. It turned out that there were 3 kittens and 2 females. We took them home and got them up to good weight. We payed for them to go to a no kill shelter. We coulnt see why someone would dump these lovable cats in the middle of no where with no food or anything. That was awefully nice of you to take them in.

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes and kind words! The kitties are doing very well-happy to be around people who love them and happy to have a regular meal schedule. I have told everyone I know about them-in hopes of finding them a good home, so we shall see......Sure wish I could keep them (still working on DH), because they really are the sweetest, best natured little babies! I still just cannot see someone dumping them like they were trash. It's things like that that really make me think that people are getting worse and worse in this day and age, ya know? Thanks everyone, and don't forget, if you know of anyone who would love three little orphans, don't hesitate to contact me!

Tiffany

Back
Top Bottom