What Is Wrong With This Ad?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Oct 2, 2008.

1. chilisweet

chilisweet Songster

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    most times, I try to email the person and tell them about this forum, especially if they have a nice bird with good lines and are trying to sell it to the general public. When I started out learning about chickens, I had no clue what anything was, so a Lavendar Ameraucana from John Blems line wasn't gonna affect me one way or another.

Also, when someone is posting about selling their (other than RIR birds, sexlink for example) bird that they should tell the viewers about the qualities of the bird (lots of big, brown eggs, durable in winter, etc) so the newbies looking can better understand what that person is selling. Most newbies only know the the RIR's lay a lot of eggs, and have no knowledge that any other type of bird does too.

I think it is sad to have a chicken/s and not know anything about them, even if they are food. But then that's just me!

~Caran

:informing the portland/vancouver area about byc!:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. lorieMN

lorieMN Songster

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:I dont know,lots of people have children and dont know anything about them !!!

3. chilisweet

chilisweet Songster

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    ya thats true. but i do my best to learn as much as i can about whatever it is I have: cats, fish, kids, chickens, my new job. JMO

4. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:I dont know,lots of people have children and dont know anything about them !!!

[​IMG] Oh!! You didn't just go there, did you?? [​IMG]
    Buwhaaa !! Gotta love those truthisms

5. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Songster

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Cyn.......I have a purebred domibarington for sell....you interested? LOL

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Oh, yes, Jeff! I can breed it with my rare tufted Anaconda! [​IMG]

7. :O

lucky! those tufted Anacondas are hard to come by! [​IMG]