What Is Wrong With This Ad?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Oct 2, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

In the Georgia Farmers Market Bulletin:

8 week, healthy, Golden Comet purebred pullets, brown egg layers, $10 each

Wonder if I should tell her what's wrong with her ad? [​IMG] I've seen this same thing over and over.​

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    their pure golden comets lol, which would be a golden comet bred to a golden comet, erasing that their a Sexlink (cross/mutt)... "They are right?"

-Daniel

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, a Golden Comet by definition is a hybrid layer, not a purebred. If you breed a Golden Comet rooster and hen, they are no longer a reliable sexlink. Some people dont realize what a Golden Comet, Cinnamon Queen, Shaver Red, etc is.

EDITED TO ADD: At least I could read the ad. Sometimes, that's not the case. I've on occasion had to ask what the heck they're selling. And I really wouldnt call her just to tell her about that.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I can't tell you how many times Ive seen Golden Comet eggs on ebay. I always email the seller and ask them the parentage, and they tell me Golden Comets. I sometimes email them back and tell them a golden comet is a cross between....whatever it is, I forget right now.....but it never seems to sink in. Oh well...

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Buyer Beware.

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Wonder if I should tell her what's wrong with her ad? [​IMG] I've seen this same thing over and over.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ah off the subject, but isn't $10 for an 8 week old kind of expensive?

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Quote:Seen the same and red stars eggs for sale. They may not know what a golden comet is. bet those people buying the eggs dont know either.

You could sell eggs that produce golden comets. White rock hens with RIR or NH roosters.

8. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    Quote:Halo and I have a fun pet peeve e-mail going between us about people that put adds in and don't know what they have, like Buff Ormingtons, barrel rocks and pecan ducks [​IMG]

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I told you, I dont want pecan ducks, I want walnut ducks!

10. ~SunSetsWest~

~SunSetsWest~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Central, Fl.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by