1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is wrong with this chick????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by horseyjess, Oct 1, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ok my guys are about 3 weeks old not everyone is feathered quite a bit.. This guy/gal looks pretty odd to the rest. Is there something wrong with it? It is growing the same it just looks odd. Thie first one is it and the second is just another chick out of the batch to show how much feathering it has to compaire it to.Thanks oh yes I am sure they are different breeds as we ordered a special assorted package. Not sure on the breeds of these two. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Are the others letting him get enough to eat? I'm not sure, but someone will come along and have some great advice for you.

3. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:Yeah it eats fine and is growing just not growing feathers!! Hummmmm

4. RedStarDaddy

RedStarDaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    What breed is the suspect chick supposed to be? And where did you get this last batch of birds?

RSD

5. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:That is another issue I dont know I think this chick is an EE. We bought a batch of 32 from MM. They have been doing great I only lost one at arrival. I let my daughter pick what to get as she is doing 4-H and she picked the special assorted package. Soooo I have not been able to identify about 12 of the 32 chicks this is one of the 12 cant figure out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by