what is wrong with this stupid rooster

Sounds like it is going as planned. He should get the hint that the rooster with the opposable thumbs is the boss....not him
big_smile.png

Quote:
Don't feel stupid, not knowing something is fine, not asking about it is stupid! [edit] ok, stupid is kinda harsh, but you know what I mean! You're not stupid!!! questions are good.

It's when a bird jumps up and beats you with it's wings, and if they're big enough, or you're small enough, it really HURTS!!! Geese can be particularly nasty about this, but any bird can do it, it's a naturaly defense/aggression thing. If a roo starts doing it, it's a pretty good bet that spurs aren't far behind, and those can leave some nasty gashes!

Last edited:
Quote:
There are no stupid questions....
smile.png

Flogging is another term for a rooster attack.
At least that is what I have assumed.

I sure like that hobbling idea Birch Farm! We have a bunch a roos, too. Since it has been so cold and snowy this winter, the chickens are pretty barn-bound. I have come out to find some bloodied-up combs and necks. They attack each other, and the hens, too, in such close quarters.
And I like your Ostrich avatar - very scary! lol

I sure hope your boy responds to Rooster Red's methods. It's the pits to have an out-of-control rooster. We've had several roosters, and have only had one that absolutely would not stop his aggressive behavior, and, in fact, it escalated to the point where he was flogging and spurring like a crazy thing - I think he had a major hormone problem or something. Fortunately, there aren't very many roos like that!!!! Good luck with your beautiful boy!

Back
Top Bottom