What is your chickens' favorite treat?

My newest is banana strings. You know...those annoying strings that come of between the peel and the fruit.

The minute they see me come in the kitchen in the morning (talking about the brooder chicks, of course), they go running to the door of the brooder cage to get their little piece of "banana string".

It's funny, because EVERY SINGLE brood/breed wants nothing to do with the WORMY LOOKING THING that STICKS to their beaks when they peck it! After about 2 days they crawl over each other to get it every morning!
Oh, and if I forget and start walking out of the kitchen the other direction...I HEAR ABOUT IT.
jumpy.gif
SOUNDS I've NEVER heard from chicks before!!
lau.gif

~4kidZ
PS- the ducklings like it, too
thumbsup.gif

my girls love superworms....can't get regular mealworms due to a "shortage"
they love to peck cabbage & other greens we have extra of
and they get a kick out of hunting critters from the compost pile:D

1. Crickets
2. Shiners/Minnows
Our local baitshop loves me.
tongue.png

Yesterday I spent 15 bucks on shiners,lol.

I grow mealworms,always a hit with the flock. They love watermelon in the summer.

Our girls LOVE treats -- when we come back from town, they look for the "doggie bag", and we better have one!!! Favorites: french fries, bread, grapes, and cooked spagetti noodles -- but they will eat anything!!!
Wendy

mine seem to LOVE their crickets...once in a while ill go and grab some from the store and the first time they grabbed the bag of them out of my hand and took off running and shaking the bag to get them all out while fighting over them at the same time...needless to say they ate them ALL in about 30 seconds....they also seem to like mexican food (dont worry i did not do this on purpose lol) i was down at the barn trying to keep an eye on a sick horse so i had my dinner down there and ill just say they are VERY quick and sneaky sneaky!!

Back
Top Bottom