What is your chickens' favorite treat?

YourLinkGoesHere I read the link for chicken treats to get ideas. I bought a small pumkin, some plain natural yogurt. I typically cut up apples and they never seemed to get tired of them. Everytime they hear my back door open they run to their gate on their run (about 50 yards away). Yesterday I cut up the pumkin and they loved it. Today I cut up the apples and put it in some plain yogurt and stepped back! It was a feeding frenzy!
yippiechickie.gif
ep.gif
I have 15 and I even think that some of them that were in the coop sitting to lay came out running. Love to see them so excited about their treats. By the way I did see someone that asked about apples slowing down their laying....it hasn't slowed these down at all. They were born mid April and I'm averaging a dozen a day. I also have a timer on the light so they wake up early and have a 15 hour day. Thanks for all the information on this website. It's been a huge help!
Just found this bunny too funny!
bun.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Mine too! Do I buy the good yogurt for myself? Nah.....It's for the girls! Mine love oatmeal with yogurt and some raisins mixed in! We can be very creative with our chicken snacks! hmmmmm......chicken cookbook with BYC people recipes for their chooks .........
wcsmiley.gif

I haven't given my chickies any chicken based stuff until this morning. My kids didn't touch their chicken and corn soup last night so I put it in a tray for the gang and they gobbled it up. Felt slightly guilty though.....

Mine just go crazy over Cheerios. I pour them in a bowl and moisten them with a little water to get semi-soft. There is a chicken stampede across the yard when they see the treat bowl in my hand.
They also like tomatoes and radish greens.

Back
Top Bottom