What is your dog’s name?🐶🐾

Apollo because I love Greek mythology and Duke my ex boyfriend liked the name.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have such a hard time choosing names so when it came to choosing a dog name it was hard.
Denver stuck first off because ive always wanted to go there and her breeder kinda themed the litter as adventure. So after sorting through a thousand names. We visited her the next day and said Denver and for some reason her head perked up. So the name stuck. This is her
20231109_085200.jpg

Tuckers name really doesnt have a reason behind it besides it was on my name list.
20231219_190649.jpg

I have such a hard time choosing names so when it came to choosing a dog name it was hard.
Denver stuck first off because ive always wanted to go there and her breeder kinda themed the litter as adventure. So after sorting through a thousand names. We visited her the next day and said Denver and for some reason her head perked up. So the name stuck. This is her View attachment 3728045
Tuckers name really doesnt have a reason behind it besides it was on my name list. View attachment 3728046
I absolutely love the name Denver!

Denver stuck first off because ive always wanted to go there and her breeder kinda themed the litter as adventure. So after sorting through a thousand names. We visited her the next day and said Denver and for some reason her head perked up. So the name stuck. This is her View attachment 3728045
Tuckers name really doesnt have a reason behind it besides it was on my name list. View attachment 3728046
I like both those names, and they seem to suit your dogs. :love

My dog is Luc (pronounced like Luke). I adopted him after losing both my 15-year-old dogs within a few months of each other. Their names were Cody and Leyna. Before I adopted any dog I knew I wanted the new dog to have a connection to them. I decided to pick names that contained both a "C" and "L." I found a couple I liked, and Luc just fit him.
Lucpup.jpg

Luchoodie.jpg

Lucgardenofgods.jpg

My dog is Luc (pronounced like Luke). I adopted him after losing both my 15-year-old dogs within a few months of each other. Their names were Cody and Leyna. Before I adopted any dog I knew I wanted the new dog to have a connection to them. I decided to pick names that contained both a "C" and "L." I found a couple I liked, and Luc just fit him.
View attachment 3729169
View attachment 3729164
View attachment 3729171
Luc definitely fits him! I love the head tilt.

She's beautiful 😍

This is Bella. She is a retired racing greyhound. Her race name was “Slender Slim”. She is a good girl. We have rescued greyhounds for over 20 years. They make great companions.
I also have a Bella. The gal in my avatar.
Bella and Piper in woods.jpg

I adopted her just over 4 years ago. She is now 8 years and 4 months old.
I changed her name to Bella because I didn't like her registered name:
Thou Shalt Not Kill Sweet Betty di Altobello. I thought that was a bit of a mouthful. :lol:

Her 'little sister' is Piper. She is the only dog I've ever purchased. All other pets have been adopted.

I lost her predecessor, Fuji, three years ago. I didn't realize how much I missed her until I ran into a Dobie and min pin on vacation in VT in October of 2022. As soon as I laid eyes on the min pin, my niece told me my whole face lit up. All my feelings for Fuji bubbled up to the surface and I started yearning for her.

When I bought Piper, her name was Luna and I had the breeder change it to Piper in honor of the little min pin I met in VT that lit the fire in me. I also waited until Piper was 11 weeks old before she was flown to me. I think this is why she has the BEST dog skills of any dog I've ever met. All dogs that meet her, love her. She's a gem and she and her big sister are inseparable.

She gets called Winnipeg a lot though :oops:
Oh. The nick names!
Bella:
Bells
Bella Magella
Miss Magella
La Bella Luna
Bay

Piper:
Pooper
Poopy
Poopin'
Puppy
Poopy peepee puppy pants (got this one during her first heat when she had to wear diapers)
Bit
Button (as in, cute as a...)
Pip

I sound like a moron when I go to the vet…
I adopted a ferret once. First male I got. His name was Festus. :rolleyes: I changed it to Boi.
First vet visit:
me: I have a new ferret.
receptionist: Name?
me: Boi, B - O - I
receptionist: Is that a male or a female?
me: um, what?

Back
Top Bottom