What is your dog’s name?🐶🐾

My Border Collie, Hattie. Named by the breeder. Dedicated to keeping me on schedule for everything!

hats.jpg

My Border Collie, Hattie. Named by the breeder. Dedicated to keeping me on schedule for everything!

View attachment 3713260
She's pretty. Mine can "tell time," too. They not only know when it's time for me to get up, and when it's time for them to be fed, they also know when it's time to give the chickens their snacks and gather eggs, among other daily routines.

We have Sage, because we liked the nature-y sound it had, Avery, my dog, named because I got her for Christmas and it's a Christmas-y name, as well as a hunting brand and she's a hunting dog. I just like the sound of it too. Then we have Maggie, named after dad's very first dog and Maggie's great grandmother, and Molly, my sister's dog. Then Cody is our cousin's dog, as well as Maggie's brother, and Avery's puppies from this spring were named by their owners Buddy, Finn, Molly, River, Georgey, and Clubber. I like the first 4 names, lol. Not so much the other two. 😅

My favorite dog's name was Rigby. Named after a town in Idaho. He was a Golden. A great dog. I also had a Sheltie named Tambo, short for Mr. Tamborine Man, a favorite song. Then I had a Wendy, named after a character in Peter Pan: she just looked like a Wendy. She was also a Sheltie.

Oh, right, our dogs' names -- our current corgi (Pembroke) is Owen Thunderpaws. Owen because it's Welsh, and Thunderpaws because for a smallish dog, he makes a lot of noise running on those short legs and wide paws; you always hear him coming! He's also known as The Corginator. A tennis ball fiend...

Our rescue dog (border collie mix) came to the shelter named PooBear; she's a lovely girl deserving of a nicer name, so we renamed her Winifred (thought process: PooBear -> Winnie the Pooh -> Winifred/Miss Winnie).

[I REALLY need to figure out how to post photos from my aging phone or from the desktop :confused:...tech dinosaur, alas.]

She's a Pembroke Welsh and we were told it was fine with those to leave the tail, but our choice. We chose to leave the tail.

Maggie has some innate ability to spot hawks/eagles. They don't come close here because we have guy wires from a tower all over but she'll sense or spot one and look up and bark at it until it goes away. The rooster then sees it and gets the hens all up against the house or the coop. It's needless all this ruckus as they won't come down here, but good to be vigilant anyway.

She is now almost 2.5 and turned into a great guard dog too. It helped a ton when I took her to obedience school. She follows Josie's (border collie) lead, so it's hard to get her to do anything unless Josie does it too.

Back
Top Bottom