What is your dream farm? (As in like your dream flock/land/other animals/everything dreamy)

I'd like more cattle on the 90 acres I got. Also a few horses.

Sadly I can't take care of any more animals. My health aint that great and I'm spending more and more time taking care of my father. Being on disability myself with a teen highly limits my budget.
It’s a dream farm… clearly you will be independently wealthy in the dream and can hire a few folks… ;)🙂

100 acres about half of which is mixed forest. Riding/walking trails through the forest.
1 1/2 story log home. Main bathroom has large soaker tub and heated floor. Large stone, efficient fireplace. Wide plank wood floors. Wrap around porch. Long tree lined lane.
A generator for power failures. Good internet. Neighbours close enough to be mutually helpful but not seen from my house. Good reliable water well.
Enough cleared land to provide my own hay and rotate grazing areas.
Several horses, cats, dogs, 15 ducks and 15 chickens. I know my limits that I can care for.
A perennial garden. I prefer to buy my fruits and vegetables at a farmers market now as large gardens are too much work for me.
Reliable equipment.
I love the change of seasons but without the extremes of temperature, and less snow than I have now.
Close enough to a town that it is not a major excursion to get groceries and supplies. A town that has volunteer opportunities for me.

I need to go buy a lottery ticket or find some rich relative I don't know who is going to leave me millions in their will.

My dream farm would be what I have now somewhere in nevada where it doesnt snow and get to cold with giant budgie avairies one for males and one for females so no unwanted breeding then rescue ones needing it and where they can perch in trees and you would never see them lol about the size of that avairy thats in jurassic park 3 lol the dome one

Only 90 acres I wouldn't hire anybody if I had the money. My crippled butt been running this place for 10 years by myself anyways.
You keep at it! I have been sick, still am… but went out to the jungle today to see my future weekend work projects… the machete will need sharpening… vines everywhere. 😂 My yard is a jungle right now.

The teens are going to have to help, they have their own garden boxes and areas to clear up and repair.

Back
Top Bottom