What is your Eggspert opinion to the chicken breed of these eggs?

Roo2D2

Chirping
Jan 16, 2021
I purchased some mystery eggs off eBay and for fun want to see if anyone can ID them correctly. I honestly have no clue. I put them in my incubator last night and will post the hatch.

The eggs were purchased on Monday and they arrived Friday via USPS. They traveled from Alabama to New York. I don't expect many, if any, to hatch but hope they all do. The description below was pulled directly from the listing.

"This could include Light Brahma, Buff Brahma , Dark brahma, , speckeled ssusex , white silkie, black white or Blue Langston, Americana or large cochin, Ayam Cemanie , an more."

I'm thinking some Brahmas, Speckled Sussex, and an Americana.

Attachments

• 20210115_205821.jpg
    20210115_205821.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I have starred at this for the last like 5 minutes but eggs all look to similar, though I do have a feeling that some of the lightest eggs may be silkies. That’s my attempt 😂

By the way welcome to BYC :)

I purchased some mystery eggs off eBay and for fun want to see if anyone can ID these correctly. I honestly have no clue. I put them in my incubator last night and will post the hatch.

The eggs were purchased on Monday and they arrived Friday via USPS. They traveled from Alabama to New York. I don't expect many, if any, to hatch but hope they all do. The description below was pulled directly from the listing.

"This could include Light Brahma, Buff Brahma , Dark brahma, , speckeled ssusex , white silkie, black white or Blue Langston, Americana or large cochin, Ayam Cemanie , an more."

The person who made the post misspelled like half the breeds listed and said there could be more not listed.
Either way I don't think you'll end up with any pure bred chickens. These will just be a barnyard mix. Americana is code for easter egger and I don't see any blue or green eggs so I would not anticipate getting any of those even tho technically easter eggers can lay brown eggs. All the other breeds listed will lay various shades of brown. Ayam cemanis lay cream and silkies lay white if I'm not mistaken.

So my guess would be you have one silky egg and the others are truly impossible to know. And even once they hatch you probably won't have much of an idea unless they have feathered legs or crests or something that would help to identify possible parentage.
It'll be fun regardless.

The person who made the post misspelled like half the breeds listed and said there could be more not listed.
Either way I don't think you'll end up with any pure bred chickens. These will just be a barnyard mix. Americana is code for easter egger and I don't see any blue or green eggs so I would not anticipate getting any of those even tho technically easter eggers can lay brown eggs. All the other breeds listed will lay various shades of brown. Ayam cemanis lay cream and silkies lay white if I'm not mistaken.

So my guess would be you have one silky egg and the others are truly impossible to know. And even once they hatch you probably won't have much of an idea unless they have feathered legs or crests or something that would help to identify possible parentage.
It'll be fun regardless.
I had similar concerns but the seller's feedback was pretty good. The seller also had auctions for single breeds. The seller stated these are pure bred but I guess we will see...lol! The attached pictures were shown in the auction.

Attachments

• s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 24
  • s-l64(6).jpg
    s-l64(6).jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 18
  • s-l64(2).jpg
    s-l64(2).jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 13
  • s-l64(1).jpg
    s-l64(1).jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 10
  • s-l64(4).jpg
    s-l64(4).jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l64(3).jpg
    s-l64(3).jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
I'm on day 11 and lost 4. The original eggs are on the left. I purchased 14 Ayam Cemani eggs from the same breeder and they are on the right. I think some of the original eggs are Ayam Cemani eggs.
eggs.ac1.jpg

The only egg that "might" be a cemani is the palest one in the original batch. But honestly, none of those in any of the pictures look like the shades that I hatched mine from or get from my pullet

The only egg that "might" be a cemani is the palest one in the original batch. But honestly, none of those in any of the pictures look like the shades that I hatched mine from or get from my pullet
I'll post the results either way. I ordered Ayam Cemani eggs from another breeder and I will pick them up tomorrow. Which line did your birds come from?

I purchased some mystery eggs off eBay and for fun want to see if anyone can ID them correctly. I honestly have no clue. I put them in my incubator last night and will post the hatch.

That little super light colored one that is kinda in the middle, could be a Ayam Cemani egg. That is not an expert opinion, just a google images supported guess! Lol! Exciting!

Back
Top Bottom