What is your experience with Valley Hatchery?

Has anybody ordered chicks from Valley Hatchery in the past? What was your experience? Would you recommend them? They claim to be "no-kill"....what does that mean in a hatchery? Thank you!
EDITED TO ADD: I know what no-kill means. I'm just wondering what you think they do with all those boys.
Yes, I ordered recently from Valley Hatchery & I strongly DO NOT recommend them. I placed my first order of muiltiple varieties of chicks for well over $100.00. When my receipt came in via email I realized to my horror, that the Orpington Chicks were noted as Bantams not Standards. I quickly contacted Valley Hatchery Only and asked if I could replace the 5 Bantam Straight Run Chicks for Standards, or simply remove the them all together. With unbelievable smugness I was told "NO! At the time of checkout I was notified any changes to my order (ie mistakes) would result in cancellation of the order along with a 10% fee based on the Gross amount of the sale. Further, I would have to reorder all over again.

This meant that I had been lucky the first time and had found all my chicks available in late May for shipping. If, I cancelled my order I would loose the chicks and the shipping date. Now the way I see this, there is no customer service with this company. If they will treat a new customer like this and are willing to loose money so cavalier, then what are they going to be like if there is a real issue. I cannot emphasize enough the young man had a smug delighted attitude that I was going to be fined/penalized 10% purchase. Final thoughts for lawyers out there, the company forces the buyer to cancel their order, but then penalizes for doing so....is that even legal?

Back
Top Bottom