Jasper, Mo
Ok just give me your fav. breed and some reasons why
smile.png

Ok here it goes mine is Silkies:
1. They are so soft
2. Very frendly
3. Sit on eggs
4. Love being petted
I could go on longer but those are the main reasons they are my favs. now your turn!
big_smile.png

Man this seems to be a rolling topic
hide.gif

Favorite breed - Polish.

1. They're very unique and beautiful
2. They come in a lot of colors, some most people have never seen or known of before
3. They're very friendly and hardy birds. Never met a mean one, though such does exist quite often.
4. They won't take no for an answer. Cats? Roosters being mean to them? They'll teach 'em otherwise
wink.png

5. White eggs. I know most people are used to it, but when you get used to other chicken owners and egg colors, you find that white is actually more rare than even dark Marans eggs or deep Olive eggs. Yet such a necessity in a good "rainbow" egg basket!
6. They're not as stupid and flighty as a lot of people think - Maybe it's my lineage/breeding, but mine can see perfectly well with their crests, as long as they're not wet, and they're very friendly and extremely intelligent and superb free rangers.

Last edited:
Speckled Sussex, D'Uccle, Easter Eggers, and RIR. Sorry, I can't pick one. I pretty much love all breeds as long as their not aggressive or flighty.

i luv all breeds but i'll go with gamier breeds and meatier breeds, i don't have a single favorite so here is my list; thais, american game, turken, dark cornish cause they r tasty and good mothers i think for the most part

I have a difficult time just deciding on 1 but if I have to pick I would pick turkens. They aren't the prettiest things but they are good layers, heat hardy, easy to pluck, and above all unique
smile.png

Malaysian seramas (seem to be my favorite)
1. Unique
2. Small so easy to keep even if not a big yard
3. Showy
4. So far mine have been good natured and easy to tote around and the frizzleds are soft and cuddly

American and Old English game fowl

I don't know much about chickens, but here at home we became the unexpected owners of 3 mystery breed pullets and adopted a brahma cockerel. Our pullets are awesome and really pretty, and somebody here told me they look like game fowl, so I did a GIS and oh god those chickens are beautiful, and my pullets really look like them!
big_smile.png
. I don't think mine are pure game fowl, but they still look a lot like them
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom