What is your favorite. breed of Chickens and Why

Pics
My favourite breed would be my Orpingtons and French Black Marans, such a friendly, and consistent egg laying bird. Very calm breeds and absolutely beautiful. Great around my younger family members, and relatives who are especially scared around birds.

I have many more which I cannot own due to limits in my area, however I love Silkies, Polish, Australorps, Wyandotte's and Cochins!

When I started raising chickens for egg production, I was so “wet behind the ears”, it’s hard to believe they actually lived! Now, I’m planning the number of chicks to get this spring.
I started out with Rhode Island reds & Buff Orpington. I learned the Reds can be aggressive & the Buff Orpingtons can be broody. We had one Orpington we named Broody because would “go broody” about every other week!
I’ve since transitioned to ISA Browns & Golden Comets. They’re all very friendly and, normally, good layers.

When I started raising chickens for egg production, I was so “wet behind the ears”, it’s hard to believe they actually lived! Now, I’m planning the number of chicks to get this spring.
I started out with Rhode Island reds & Buff Orpington. I learned the Reds can be aggressive & the Buff Orpingtons can be broody. We had one Orpington we named Broody because would “go broody” about every other week!
I’ve since transitioned to ISA Browns & Golden Comets. They’re all very friendly and, normally, good layers.
I have a Broody Judy in my flock. She's a Marans.

My favourites so far have been the brahmas. They loved to be outside in the winter, produced eggs year round, would follow the kids around the yard and even walk them to the school bus. They were so friendly and outgoing. We had to give away our flock when we moved. Right now I just have Easter eggers and a few RIR's but I'm getting a bunch of brahma, cochin, and GLW hatching eggs later this month. So excited.

I now have some young Dominiques in my flock, and I really like them. For those not familiar, they look a lot like a Barred Rock but with a small "rose" comb. Even the cockerels were non-aggressive and sociable, even as teenagers. The girls are laying nicely. I kept one cockerel to be a second rooster for my flock.

I now have some young Dominiques in my flock, and I really like them. For those not familiar, they look a lot like a Barred Rock but with a small "rose" comb. Even the cockerels were non-aggressive and sociable, even as teenagers. The girls are laying nicely. I kept one cockerel to be a second rooster for my flock.

I like my Dominique's personality, but she lays eggs smaller than I want.

Back
Top Bottom