What is your favorite. breed of Chickens and Why

I would like to have some Bantams but fear they would just end up being hawk bait. šŸ™
I actually found my bantams to be fast and alert compared to the standard sized chickens.

One of my little bantams, a cochin bantam cross, hides all day long every time there is a predator involved (for example, a hawk swoops down attempting to grab her or another chicken), and she comes back right before sunset. This happened a few times already. We couldnā€™t find her all day after noticing a hawk in the chicken run (all the chooks were huddled in the corner while the hawk was frustrated and scared in trying to figure out a way to get out), but she came back later before sunset.

Anyway, I know not all bantams are as alert and active as mine, but just thought Iā€™d put that out there :).

I actually found my bantams to be fast and alert compared to the standard sized chickens.

One of my little bantams, a cochin bantam cross, hides all day long every time there is a predator involved (for example, a hawk swoops down attempting to grab her or another chicken), and she comes back right before sunset. This happened a few times already. We couldnā€™t find her all day after noticing a hawk in the chicken run (all the chooks were huddled in the corner while the hawk was frustrated and scared in trying to figure out a way to get out), but she came back later before sunset.

Anyway, I know not all bantams are as alert and active as mine, but just thought Iā€™d put that out there :).
That's good to know. Maybe someday I will have a second coop and a covered run. THEN, I will have bantams!

I love FBCMs they are EXTREMELY friendly, and do very well with other chickens. They are actually decent layers (mine lay 3-4 eggs a week). I also love Black Australorps. They are very friendly and the roosters are amazing roosters! They lay very well too!šŸ˜ I also like my two Olive Eggers. They are so sweet! Only one of them is laying right now and she lays large eggs 4-5 times a week! They get along very well with the other hens and my rooster too.šŸ˜Šā¤ļø

I know I haven't posted in a while but got busy with 8 inches of snow, but anyway I'm curious about what peoples favorite breed is and why?

my Favorite breed is either a buff orpinton ,ayam cemani,EE, or Wyandotte because they are nice and generally calm also 3 of four breeds are good egg layers for me can't say anything about the ayam eggs because he is a rooster .

you can have more than one favorite breed because there are so many breeds!!!
I love my Golden comets. They are very good with getting along, great egg layers, and have a great personality.

Back
Top Bottom