What is your favorite coop feature?

I want to add on nesting boxes, so there is more space in the coop. We currently use plastic milk crates. These are at the back wall of the 4'x4' coop - too far for my short arms to reach those prized eggs! I'll be looking for a sliding glass door at yard sales, to use as a roof for a nesting box addition. I can make this work, or my husband will see my craziness and show me up.

I love my roosts and the nest boxes are nice but in need of repair. There are so many things that I would do better from my first attempt!
he.gif

My coop has two sliding glass windows with screens that make it easy to control temperature and humidity. I need to come up with a solution for water so I don't have to run a hose back or carry out a water bowl each morning.

My full-size "human" door is a Dutch door - best thing I ever did. There are just some times that I need access, but I don't want everyone running outside - especially when the weather is bad. And I love my covered porch/deck on the coop - keeps all the bad weather away from the main door, and I can store supplies outside out of the weather.

Here ya go Chicken_s.

It rained last night so the water level is a little high. DH is going to put a spigot part way up on the side so I can use it for washing
cool.png

69453_img_1190.jpg

69453_img_1191.jpg

I love the full size human door, the big window on the south side that lets in a lot of winter sun (er, when it's actually shining)
The small window on the north above the pop door and next to the human door that I can peek in, the roomy nest box ( that they all only lay eggs in the same spot of), and opens from the outside. I will be putting a gutter along the roof that hangs over said nest box, because even tho the roof extends over it so it doesn't get rained on, I get rained on when I collect eggs.

Quote:
Trying to picture how this is an advantage... and if it is would my MIL work?

Back
Top Bottom