What is your favorite coop feature?

alhanse77

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Rexburg, ID
We currently have a ark style coop and will be upgrading to a 6'x6' shed style coop in the spring for our 4 hens (1 BO, 1 BPR, 2 EE). What feature do you like most about your coop, and why? I have seen some neat ideas from a drain installed in the bottom of the coop to an adjustable floor vent used near the "attic" area. If my DH is going to invest time building the coop, I want it to be as awesome as possible!
wink.png

Just bought a new coop and I love that EVERYTHING opens from the front. My old one had an egg door in the back and a window in the front so it had to stand away from the fence. Now I can push my new one against the fence and have easy access to everything.

For me, a sink with running water!! Come Spring, DH is hooking it up for me. No more carrying water to the girls house. Second or a close first, automatic pop door. Don't know how we lived for a year without it.

The full size human walk-in door! I can't imagine always bending over and reaching in to take care of things. Next best things are the windows to let light in.

Larry

Mine is that I have a spigot right outside my coop. All that water hauling was def for the birds!! I put a water hose holder on the coop and have a hose right there for when I'm really lazy I don't even take the waterer out the coop I do it all right there!! When we build the new coops they will have electricity without a doubt!!

Back
Top Bottom