What is your favorite kind of dog?

RavenCreek, I almost cried when I saw those pics. That lemon and white beagle reminds me of Honey, my mother's beagle growing up. He was the best snuggler but didn't listen for ...well, you know. He would run rabbits all day then show up covered in cow poo ready for a hot meal at 10:00 at night
hmm.png
Oh, he liked to roll too. We were incredibly attached to him and one day he left and didn't come home... My mother was a mess. We would hear stories from folks in town that they saw him on so and so's farm or a town away. But, we were starting to lose hope. The whole house was quiet... Then one day, 2 WEEKS LATER, the front door busted open (we kept in on "automatic" in the Summer ... the latch didin't work:) and there was Honey, fat as a hog and happy as can be.

We started following him after that. He had his rounds he would make in the evenings. First was the fire hall. He'd knock on the back door and someone would let him in. A few mintues later, he was off again to the old lady's house on the corner... cleaning up her cat food pan and so on and so on. No wonder he was soooo huge.
lol.png
I'll try to find some pics...

Oh, my favorite dog was my Rotti!! without a doubt. Her name was Miss Bear... hence my screen name and she was the most loyal best friend a girl could have. I used to take her to all the college parties and to friends' houses. She was my best girl. She always rode shotgun and if she didn't like a guy, she would let me know. She was ALWAYS right. She loved this one guy, Rusty. so much so that she started listening to his commands over me!! That was unheard of. He could actually sick her on me!! She wouldn't bite but she'd plow me over. I really loved that dog and had a hard time when she got bone cancer and had to be put down. We buried her on the farm with Honey and my dad's Rotti. A year later I married Rus and we now have a gorgeous son and one due in September. I definitely want to get another rotti one day... I actually saved some of her hairs thinking one day cloning would be a possibility.

I tell Rus that when Im 70, Im getting a face lift, a tummy tuck, a boob job and am getting my dog cloned. Im buying a bike with a side-car and headin out!
lol.png

Last edited:
Aww that is such a sad story. I LOVE my Molly. She is my kids best friend and where ever they are, there she is. She never leaves the yard and is a house dog. She is WAY to lazy to chase anything after having her hips were crushed by a tractor driving over her. Don't get me wrong, she will still give chase to our pet rabbits if the notion hits her. She is such a ham. I'm sorry for the loss of your Rotti. I had a rotti as a teen but she HATED everyone but me and my boyfriend at that time(also my oldest sons father). We had bought her and raised her like a kid and shared "custody" of her. It was a crazy protective dog. So when she tried to attack my parents gardener my dad said she had to go. So she ended up with her "daddy". I still go visit her every weekend. Or whenever my son goes over there.

Back
Top Bottom