What is your favorite kind of dog?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickafoog, May 30, 2008.

1. Chickafoog

Chickafoog Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    [​IMG] What is your favorite dog breed? I like the Golden Retriever![​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    For intelligence I like the schnauzer, for looks I like the boxer

3. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Beagle - as long as you don't mind a dog that doesn't really care about pleasing you all the time, will eat anything you leave out, will ALWAYS choose to sleep on your pillow and snores louder than your husband [​IMG] But, they are cute, loving, comical and great with kids!

Our beagle, Casey

[​IMG]

4. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I love the Pomeranian, they are very intelligent and loving lap dogs.

Here's Precious, my sweetheart. She is almost 9 1/2 and I love her to pieces.

[​IMG]

5. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    The ones in my house! LOL. I don't have just one I have a list.

I like Rotts, Pits, Cockers, Irish Wolfhounds, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Grey Hounds (Well basiscally any sight hound.), and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

6. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    My present dog Dodge would be my fave now and he is a little mutt dog with breeds I have no idea. My favorite breed is a boxer-I have owned one before and they are the best because they are friendly and comical plus they are very laid back and nothing seems to bother them. My boxer was a good watch dog in the fact if a burglar broke in he would welcome the theif and beg to go with him LOL!

7. NoelTate

NoelTate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Chihuahuas and mutts, especially cocker mixes

8. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    Mutts. The best dogs I have ever had have all been literally street mutts.

9. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Oh how I love my giant schnauzer! He is the biggest goofball and yet most house-protective dog I've ever owned. Plus he doesn't shed and he likes to plop his 100 lb body right in my lap.

I'd never get another German Shepherd - she sheds like crazy and she's TOO smart if you ask me. Opens the doors when it rains and lets all the other dogs in the house when we're away - counts the seconds between warning beeps on the bark collar so she can bark all day long...she's tricky - yet altogether dumb as well - how many dogs actually jump into the front seat of the animal control truck just to go for a ride? And then she wonders how she ended up in jail? [​IMG]

I'd never get another anatolian shepherd or great pyr because my guy is a BARKER! Holy geez that dog literally lays down in the middle of the yard and just barks. But he is sweet.

Yup - giant schnauzer.

10. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    DObermans are my fav! We have a big fat couch potato of a dobie...and her husband and her 2 puppies...and their friend...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by