What is your favorite (looking) breed?

I would recommend English Orpingtons,
this is my silver-laced boy.
IMG_20210414_072526_060.jpg

Thank you all! I totally forgot about Orpingtons for this somehow. They are also one of my favorites. Its just really hard to find English orpingtons around here. Dominiques are awesome too! I love their combs (just rose combs in general). I found an amazing farm with INCREDIBLE Silver Laced Wyandottes and Ameraucanas (also leghorns and Mottled Orpingtons, death layers, Araucanas and much more). Eye of the Rooster Farm if any of you are looking for incredible SOP birds. I ordered 8 SLW and 2 White Ameraucanas. They should have actually hatched today and shipped out as well if all went accordingly. I CANT WAIT! So exciting. My family is a bit overwhelmed even though Im in charge of all the work of the animals, but I have 23 CX that will be moving out of the brooder any day now. Then 9 chicks that my broody hatched out (then she broke her toe so I had to take them away while she recovers), and 10 baby quail that hatched a few days ago. I literally have an entire stall in my barn dedicated to brooders rn. And now I will be adding another 😂.

View attachment 2635706
View attachment 2635710View attachment 2635711
View attachment 2635716

I like the appearance of games and game derived breeds more than any other chicken type. I like both orientals and bankavoids for different reasons. Orientals for that dinosaur-like build and bankivas for their color and feathering.
Oh gosh I love them too! When I grow up and can have all the animals and stuff I want I want to grow a collection of Game Fowl. They've got just the coolest stance.

Back
Top Bottom