What is your FAVORITE puppy chew?

wordgirl

One of the Shire-folk
12 Years
Apr 14, 2009
I have a 7-week-old lab puppy and he loves to chew! I've gotten him two puppy Nylabones already, and he loves tennis balls (to chase as well to chew on
smile.png
), but I could use some more ideas. I'm probably going to get him a Kong, too, but our Wal•Mart doesn't carry them and I haven't been anywhere else yet. So what are your favorite puppy chews? If there's any other type of toy you love (non-chew toy), then I'd love to hear about them, too.

Thank you!

Go get a clean beef leg bone some peanut butter and some oats. Take the peanut butter mix it with the oats till its pretty thick then shove it inside the bone. Keeps them busy for hours and it is refillable.

Kong. KONG. All the way. Get the BLACK one. I have a 3 year old pit bull who has been chewing his since October and hasn't made too much of a dent. He chews it nonstop too, if it can withstand a pitty it can withstand ANYTHING.

My German Shepherds destroyed a black kong in a day. And they are not big huge monsterous dogs. My males top out at 78lbs. They also destroy tire toys. lol
Jolly Balls, TSC sells them, your local feed store should have them and you can find them online.
Cuz brand toys, Petsmart and Petco plus other pet supply stores sell them.
I do not like tennis balls, they can break in half and get lodged in their throat.

I have german shepherds and our current puppy is a chewing machine. She has gone thru black kongs, and other chew type toys that are labeled "indestructible" or for tough chewers. None of those toys are actually indestructible. The only thing I found that lasts for our chewing machine is the rolled rawhides. She will stay out of trouble when she is out of the crate, and they last a week before they get too small for her to safely chew on. We just replace them with new ones as needed.

Only other thing she never destroyed in seconds flat was a food cube. We fill it with a little dry kibble, and she will play with that for hours. It's her favorite toy. Anything stuffed, forget about it.
roll.png
gig.gif

Bluemoon

We have been very blessed that neither of our GSDs had a problem with chewing on anything other than what we gave them to chew on - no furniture, shoes, etc.
I found these awesome HUGE bones at Atwoods that are naturally smoked. I won't buy the smoked bones at walmart because goodness knows what they were "smoked" with. Bought the boys each one more than a month ago and they still look forward to those bones coming out each night.
If you can't find anything locally, try www.jefferspet.com Good prices and great shipping!

I really like Bully sticks and also for my dogs the longest lasting chew toy I've found is cow hooves...but they sort of smell.

Back
Top Bottom