1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by polloboy, Sep 23, 2008.

1. polloboy

polloboy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2008
    oklahoma
    CHICKEN [​IMG] and why my would have to be my black japenese bantam i love her so much and she is so cute [​IMG] [​IMG] she is always talking to me (chicken talk) cluck cluck [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Difficult, difficult, but I think for me it is my Sultans, all of them...they are so beautiful, quiet, and have wonderful manners...gorgeous.

3. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    SILKIES!!!!!
    they are the most adorable little fluffy butt creature in the world.. I cannot imagine my life without them, and wonder how I have made it this far in life not having them.
    Our Roo will sit on my leg and just talk to me, and he snuggles and I wish he was a puppy so he could live in the house!!

we have laying hens( RIR and leghorns) but they really don't have the personality and will scream bloody murder if you pick one up.

4. Mrs.Yardbird

Mrs.Yardbird Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2008
    Panhandle of Texas
    All of my Polish girls! Specially Puff....as soon as I walk into the run she comes running at me so I bend down just a bit and she jumps on my lap then my shoulder and hangs out up there while I do whatever is I'm doing out there with the chickens...She's a sweetheart...I just can't wear any dangling earrings...ever...something about shiny and glimmering and moving attracts her to peck them out of my ears!

5. Michigan Chickman

Michigan Chickman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    SW Michigan
    I've only had RIRs, but I can't imagine liking any breed better than them [​IMG]

6. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Since I don't have my chickens (yet)- I would have to say--Barred Rocks.. I love the looks of roosters and hens... I like their shape and barring! I am sure when my chickens arrive I will have favorites--I am sure personalities are a big part of 'favorites'!!

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Speckled Sussex,they are such calm ,curious and friendly chickens.
    [​IMG]

8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I want to hatch more buff orpingtons. Sweet, cute, funny how they run. I just love them to death!

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    currently my favorite chickens are Barred Rocks. they are so sweet and loving and curious you can't help but love 'em! [​IMG]

10. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    blue orps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by