What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

My boy Gigi is sweet - and highly enjoys being blow dried after a bath. He falls right asleep when you hold him like a baby.
_MG_5649_zps629aa21b.jpg

But he freaks out when his hair is down. He is always on high alert. He thinks someone is following him 24/7
love.gif
Aw he's handsome!

I posted the friendliest lady chicken now here is the friendliest dude chicken cockerel we have.

His name is Sir William and he's a 24 week old buff Orpington. He watches very closely over the girls! I took his weight over the weekend and he's just over fourteen pounds presently.

Last edited:
My most friendliest hen was Silver Laced Wyadotte..
She was my FIRST hen ever! she's old hen and very calm and always singing to us.
Then today we caught a fox ate her, my dad killed the fox today. and we have had lost like 17 chickens to those fox.
also today when i saw my rooster and some of hens far away on the road, i had to go herd them back to home and they wont come back to home.
so i kept run around them to herd them back, then one of my hen RUNNING fast as she could and the fox ran behind her, i had to run and chase the fox. id take a bite for my hens's life.
fox came back and ate my favorite hen, she's a silver laced wyadotte. we named her "Big Momma".
:( RIP big momma.

Alot of the time, it has a lot to do with how the bird is brought up. Yes, breeds are known to possess certain predisposed personality traits but I hear so many differing stories on breeds and behavior from person to person I would find it hard to list many set in stone traits for any birds...that being said, it would be hard for me to pick a fav...

These are my ducky girls Willow (black) and Ivy. I love them! They are sweeties.

These are 3 of the 5 playing tea party with my bf's 5-year-old. It's also my avatar right now. From the left it's Daisy (white Leg) Ginger (RIR) and Xena (Americauna). I also have a SLW and a BR who I love. Of the 5, it's Ginger whose the evil one. She's getting better but when I first put Willow and Ivy in with the hens, she was the one who would chase them for no reason other than to get in a good peck. She's not even the leader, Daisy and Silver are. Such entertaining birds though, and so useful. All lay me beautiful eggs almost every day.

After keeping RIR, BR, Cochins, Ameracaunas, Marans, Jersey Giants, Welsummers, Black Stars, Red Stars, Speckled Sussex, Dark Cornish, SLW's, New Hampshire Reds and White Leghorns, definitely the friendliest ones I have had have all been my Ameracaunas followed by my Cochins and Jersey Giants.

Alot of the time, it has a lot to do with how the bird is brought up. Yes, breeds are known to possess certain predisposed personality traits but I hear so many differing stories on breeds and behavior from person to person I would find it hard to list many set in stone traits for any birds...that being said, it would be hard for me to pick a fav...

These are my ducky girls Willow (black) and Ivy. I love them! They are sweeties.

These are 3 of the 5 playing tea party with my bf's 5-year-old. It's also my avatar right now. From the left it's Daisy (white Leg) Ginger (RIR) and Xena (Americauna). I also have a SLW and a BR who I love. Of the 5, it's Ginger whose the evil one. She's getting better but when I first put Willow and Ivy in with the hens, she was the one who would chase them for no reason other than to get in a good peck. She's not even the leader, Daisy and Silver are. Such entertaining birds though, and so useful. All lay me beautiful eggs almost every day.
Oh that is way too cute!!

My friendliest is also a Barred Rock, Rocky aca "Rock Star" because she went through a 3 months of rehab in the basement after a severe dog attack and lived through it all including injections for infection. But she now thinks it is all about her.
yesss.gif

My friendlist chickens will have to be Sherman and Hutch, 2 of my roos. They are both buff cochins.

And of course all of my hens are friendly but a little skittish sometimes. They are all cochins.

Back
Top Bottom