What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

wow now thats a great chicken....for sure...!!!!
thumbsup.gif
take care Dianna

o goodness i love my rooster , he is sooo sweet he is a new Hampshire red, named chicken boy, we didnt expect a rooster out of our 4 tiny new hampshire red chicks , but he is sooo sweet & he comes when i call him & this morning i gave him a treat of left over mashed potatoes from last night , he loves his treats.....lol.. he comes in the kitchen every day to say hi, then its out running around chasing bugs with all his girls. i have always had very sweet roosters as my pets.....lol..
thumbsup.gif

My friendliest is my silver laced whyandotts , all are very sweet birds,like babies, they are always around me , watching what im doing in the yard and the next friendliest is my barred rocks, they come and talk a lot , the next friendliest is my new hanpshire Red rooster, a very sweet guy , named Chicken Boy he was raised with his sisters and knows his name, i train my roosters like i trained my geese they all must listen and come when i call , for safety reasons... so we have a happy little family of peeps here, O and my camera has a date problem, so the date is obviously wrong....lol.. ; )
How do you train them to come when you call their name? I'm new to chickens and it hasn't occurred to me to actively train them. I mean, they come around me when I go outside because they know I sometimes have treats and I pet them and pay attention to them. But how do you teach a chicken it's name? I'm not being sarcastic, at all. I really am curious and would like to know so I can try. Thanks!

I love reading the stories and seeing the pics of every ones flock. Thank you so much for sharing and keep them coming.
My friendliest has seemed to vary from time to time. Initially I listed my Dominique but she grew into her attitude and became heck on wheels. Currently my 2 contenders are my golden laced polish, Mo, who has to be in the mood to be friendly. When she feels like it she comes over assumes the squat position and waits for me to pick her up and cuddle. The other one is our Silver Laced Cochin ,Lunkhead, but she is only a pullet, it remains to be seen if she will continue with her desire to be held or not. Right now she comes running over the minute she sees me and waits to be held.

Back
Top Bottom