What is your "If only someone had told me!" moment?

here's a pic of what I'm talking about

just saw these on ebay in different sizes and pretty cheap, many with free shipping.
Thanks again for the heads up. With dogs, cats, and kids in the house, I don't think I could trust a velcro enclosure. I'm not unhappy that I ended up with huge stock tanks, though... after all, they have many great uses around the farm.

We got a big wading pool that is 5 feet across. It was a good size for 8 chicks. However, the sides were not high enough. Some netting over the top kept the chicks in. As they got taller we had to "raise the roof" which involved putting small jump standard from our horse arena in the middle of the pool. At eight weeks they still sleep in the pool at night. I kinda miss having then in the house all day, but they are happier outside.

I wish someone had told me that, with a whole large and mostly shaded yard to roam around in, they'd spend half the day on the porch. Leaving me little "presents", including the occasional egg. I've given up ever having the porch truly clean again, lol.
idunno.gif

quote; Thanks again for the heads up. With dogs, cats, and kids in the house, I don't think I could trust a velcro enclosure. I'm not unhappy that I ended up with huge stock tanks, though... after all, they have many great uses around the farm.

hadn't noticed the velcro door on this one. mine is a stout zipper. since these are designed for dogs, a velcro door????

Last edited:
I wish someone had told me that, with a whole large and mostly shaded yard to roam around in, they'd spend half the day on the porch. Leaving me little "presents", including the occasional egg. I've given up ever having the porch truly clean again, lol.
idunno.gif
I quickly learned to put a gate across my porch steps but they KNOW when it has been left open!!!

I quickly learned to put a gate across my porch steps but they KNOW when it has been left open!!!

A good idea, but my porch isn't an enclosed one. Putting up a railing and stuff would be more trouble and cost than it's worth. At least my porch is tile (previous owners; who TILES a porch?), so it washes off with a hose! But, of course, there are more "presents" almost immediately.
roll.png

A good idea, but my porch isn't an enclosed one. Putting up a railing and stuff would be more trouble and cost than it's worth. At least my porch is tile (previous owners; who TILES a porch?), so it washes off with a hose! But, of course, there are more "presents" almost immediately. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good laugh! Yeah, really, who tiles a porch? One home we bought the porch was covered in indoor outdoor green plastic carpet! OMG

Back
Top Bottom