What is your "Thanks" in Thanksgiving?

dsqard

Crazy "L" Farms
11 Years
Jun 11, 2010
I am never quite sure which holiday is my favorite, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I guess when the kids were little it was probably Christmas because of the "magic" of small children coming out to see the Christmas tree with the presents from Santa. All the excitement and the wonder was so precious to watch.
smile.png
Now since the children have grown up (only have one left in high school) I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. For me Thanksgiving is more quiet and gives you time to think about what you are thankful for. Here are the things that I am most thankful for this year and I invite all to post what they are thankful for this year as well!

I am thankful that although my step-son is is a very scary place, so far he has been safe and has retained his sanity. I am thankful that this scary place has also shown him that movies glorify war but in real life it is a whole other matter. I am thankful that he has matured to gain that perspective without physical harm to him. I continue to pray for his safety every day until he comes home for good.

I am thankful that my son is here to visit for Thanksgiving. He lives with his dad in NM and I fly him up as often as I can afford and/or school schedule allows. We have been through a lot with him as he has been growing up and I think he is finally understanding that fun and games should not always be your top priority.

I am thankful that my daughter is growing into such a responsible young woman and yet still remembers to have fun. I am proud of her accomplishments and her grace to accept when she needs to take a step back and rethink her approach to life. I love having the chance to hang out with her and her friends on occasion and biting my lip to hold my opinion on their perception of the world. Sometimes you just gotta let them find out on their own and who's to say that their "reality" is wrong and mine is right?
wink.png

I am thankful that my other step-son is also turning into a fine young man. We have honestly been blessed that most of the troubles our kids have given us have been fairly minor. There have been heartbreaks for sure but I can now hope that all of them will wind up doing what they want to do.

I am thankful that while I might not be living where I want to at this point in my life, I am surrounded by what I need physically and spiritually. I have a very loving husband, loving children, live in a pretty area, nice house, food on the table and a slew of animals that keep me sane at times. I try to remember this and if I forget then I am usually reminded by a particularly pretty sunset or beautiful day. I may not always remember to be thankful, but I do try to come back to that.

I am thankful that as of today no one in the immediate family or extended family is terribly sick. I am also thankful that all of my animals are healthy and hope that it remains that way.

I am thankful that I have been given the strength of body and mind to overcome the hurdles I have had in my life. There have been some doozies but I don't know if I would change any of them because in the long run they have made me the person I am today. I am not a spectacular example of a human being
gig.gif
but most days I am happy in my own skin. I am thankful that every day I am alive I have the opportunity to make myself a better person. Some days I am not so good about it but some days I am better about it.
smile.png

I could go on and on but I think this is a good place to start.
big_smile.png

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may all of you know the joy of good food, good fun and great family today and every day!

I am thankful for my family being healthy!!!! 3 sons all have jobs. My wife and I still love each other and have a beautiful grandaughter that is 2 yrs. old.

I am thankful for the family that will be arriving shortly to eat all of the food that I am cooking. I am thankful for the woman who helped (as in did most of the work) create and raise this famijly. I am thankful for true friends. I am thankful for my faith, my sobriety, and my freedom from anger. The last three are and will continue to be works in progress. I am a lucky man, and I know it!

Back
Top Bottom